What is a Weekend Intensive?
A "WEEKEND INTENSIVE" is what we call our two-day Top Bar Beekeeping 101 Class.
We call it that because, well... because we hold them on WEEKENDS,
and because they are INTENSIVE!
A Gold Star Weekend Intensive includes:
• "Bee Buzz” - Two full days of learning with an excited group of like-minded folks, concerned about our environment and the health of the honey bee. It's "all bees, all the time"!
• Four "Sessions” - History, Bee Biology, Bee Diseases, Hive Management - each with relevant presentations narrated with pointed details and amusing anecdotes to make the information come alive.
Students talk about their Gold Star Weekend Intensive experience:
• "How Did We Get Here From There?” - A history of beekeeping through the last couple of hundred years, which has brought us to today’s industrial methods. What effect is this having on honey bees?
• "Terrible Things Th
at Can Happen To Your Wonderful Bees” - Forewarned is forearmed! Know how to recognize pest and disease problems in the hive.
• "When To Do What and Why" -- Hands-on: Instruction/demonstration of hive inspection techniques, comb handling, mite monitoring, wax rendering, hive management methods, splitting, honey harvesting, winterizing.
• "Gold Star Graduates" - you and your fellow students will be part of a
growing support system in the future as greener beekeeping methods
spread. By attending a Gold Star Weekend Intensive, you are
automatically invited to be a part of the Gold Star Graduates Google
• A Certificate of Beginning... Beekeeping is a journey - and we hope that today’s beekeepers continue their journey into a healthier, green future. Students receive a signed certificate marking the beginning of a wonderful journey.
• Student Discounts - Save $$$ on Gold Star’s quality top bar beekeeping equipment.
• No worries about transporting equipment - we can ship direct.
• On-line access to electronic .pdf copies of the Keynote Presentations specific to your class.
• Gold Star Honeybees’ How-To Video Series - our live, conversational "FAQ” section - currently available on line.
Plenty of hands-on and Q & A time, and time to connect with other iconoclasts like yourself!