Review our 2019 Bee Policies here. (The page will open in a new window.)
To complete your order you MUST CHECK THE BOX above confirming that you have read and understood this important information.
Package bees for 2019 are in the planning stages - with 7 ship dates on the calendar, late March through late May.
For a limited time only, and available exclusively to those of you on the "Bee List" - we are offering early Bee Reservations for 2019.
About our beautiful bees for sale:
- Gold Star Honeybees package bees are 3-pound packages with naturally mated, unmarked queens.
- They are "mutt bees" - a very hardy mix of Russian, Italian, and Carniolan genetics.
- They are "four season bees" - acclimated to a climate with four seasons and winter hardy.
- They are raised in northern Georgia and the great state of Tennessee. There are mountains and weather there!
- They are raised on small-cell foundation, making them ideal for all hive types where the bees will make their own wax.
- These package honeybees work just fine for other hive types too.
- Gold Star Honeybees are raised treatment-free. What does that mean? It means no chemical treatments, essential oils only.
- We ship bees to the lower 48 United States via USPS Priority Mail, ground. (Sorry, no Alaska, no Hawaii, no Canada)
- The shipping is free.
About our Bee Reservation Policy:
What you are purchasing when you buy a Bee Reservation is a paid reservation for one 3-pound package of bees for Spring of 2019:
- $185 reserves one 3-pound package of bees for Spring 2019
- The prices are based on 2018 prices + $5 to cover any increase in shipping by the USPS.
- Your bees will be shipped on one of 7 ship dates between late March and late May, 2019.
- When shipping rates and bee prices are confirmed and dates are finalized (mid to late January), then we will contact you to choose your ship date.
- If there is no price increase, we can refund the $5, or turn it into store credit, your choice.
- Cancellation policies apply, be sure to read the 2019 Bee Policies.
Can I use a Gift Certificate to purchase a Bee Reservation?
- Yes you can, and they can be purchased in any amount. Click here.
Can I use QuadPay to purchase a Bee Reservation?
- Yes you can. Buzz now, Pay later! 4 equal payments, zero interest. Click here for details.
Wondering what ship dates will work for your locale?
Visit the Farmer's Almanac here.
Choose a date that's close to or just after the average last frost in your area.
Wondering how to get the bees into your hive?
Download your FREE Top Bar Hive Start-Up Handbook here.
Get step by step instructions for hiving bees in your new top bar hive!