Required! Review our Live Bee Order Policies here. (The page will open in a new window.)
To complete your order you MUST CHECK THE BOX above confirming that you have read and understood this important information. (Please really do also READ them - they contain important information about your bee order!)
One more note - if you'd like to order bees for different ship dates, it's simplest if they are done on separate orders.
About our beautiful live honey bees for sale:
- Gold Star Honeybees are raised treatment-free. What does that mean? It means no chemical treatments.
- They are 3-pound packages with naturally mated, unmarked queens.
- They are raised on small-cell foundation, making them ideal for all hive types where the bees will make their own wax.
- These package honeybees are just fine for other hive types too.
- They are "mutt bees" - a very hardy mix of Russian, Italian, and Carniolan genetics.
- They are "four season bees" - acclimated to a climate with four seasons and winter hardy!
What's it like to buy 3# package bees from Gold Star Honeybees? We make it easy:
- You automatically receive an email receipt showing your order details, including the ship date for your live bees.
- The ship dates are shown as "Week of ..." Typically the live honey bees will get into the mailstream on either Tuesday or Wednesday of the ship week.
- You will receive a detailed email from us about 2 weeks in advance, confirming that your shipment is still on schedule, and reminding you of the steps to take to receive and hive them. Remember that we are at the mercy of the weather in some instances, and honey bees are living things. We don't always get our way here. :-)
- How your bees ship:
- You will receive a tracking number when the shipping label is created.
- The tracking number will become active online when your honey bees are in the hands of the USPS and start on their journey to you.
- The live bees are shipped to your local post office directly from the beeyard via USPS Priority Mail insured.
- Honey bees will be shipped "Hold for Pickup" - so you will receive a phone call from your post office asking you to "Come and get your bees!"
Wondering what ship dates work for your locale?
Beehives need to be established at the same time local food sources start to bloom. So choose a date that's close to or just after the average last frost in your area.; The Farmer's Almanac is a great resource to discover the Average Last Frost Date in your area. Visit the Farmer's Almanac online here.
Wondering how to get the bees into your bee hive?
Getting live honey bees from the package into your beehive is a simple matter of creating a bee bowl, attaching the queen cage and bonking your bees. You will just need to make a few preparations to make it go smoothly. Get step by step instructions for hiving honey bees in your new top bar hive here: In a YouTube video or Download your FREE Top Bar Hive Start-Up Handbook here.