The New Bee SINGLE Starter Setup includes:
- 1 Deluxe Hive Kit - now made of cypress!
- 1 Syrup Feeder
- 1 Hive tool
- Both top bar beekeeping books by Christy Hemenway:
- The Thinking Beekeeper - A Guide to Natural Beekeeping in Top Bar Hives
- Advanced Top Bar Beekeeping - Next Steps for the Thinking Beekeeper
- Free Shipping!
The Gold Star Deluxe top bar hive kit gets the Gold ⭐️ Star when it comes to easy inspections, quality construction, versatility, and in-the-field lifespan.
Made of sustainable, long-lasting cypress, with effective (and beautiful!) poplar top bars, our Deluxe Hive kit will make your beekeeping journey easier.
For more on the woods we use, have a look here.
Assembly is simple. The only tools you will need are a Philips head screwdriver and a staple gun!
Your hive kit contains:
- 30 Gold Star top bars*: 17.5" long x 1.375" wide
- 2 follower boards
- 20 spacers
- 4" x 36" glass observation window (installed)
- Screened hive bottom
- Removable bottom board
- All wooden parts - pre-drilled and countersunk
- All hardware is included
- Made in North Carolina, USA.
- Concise assembly instructions
- See Product Videos tab above - for a video of a Gold Star hive being assembled in Denver, CO with help from Allan Brown, filmed by Phil Chandler.
*A Special Note about Interchangeability and Gold Star top bars:
As one's bee yard grows, interchangeability between hives is crucial! This one simple feature - interchangeability - enables you to solve problems between hives, simplifies all your hive management, and provides a wonderful way for you to be able to support new top bar beekeepers. The Gold ⭐️ Star top bar will fit in Golden Mean top bar hives and in hives sold by the now defunct Bee Thinking and Bee Built. (Unfortunately, the reverse is not true.)