Gold Star Top Bar Hive construction plans
The Gold Star top bar hive is our top-of-the-line, bee-loving, beekeeper-friendly, beehive kit. Build the real deal! These detailed top bar hive construction drawings recreate the Gold Star beehive.
All the Gold Star features are included:
These plans will enable you to duplicate our beehive from scratch in your own shop!
- Thirty 17-1/2” long top bars with bevel point comb guide - proven effective against cross-combing!
- screened bottom for ventilation and varroa IPM
- adjustable/removable bottom board
- 4” x 36” glass observation window
- Ten spacers
- Two follower boards
Plans also include:
- US and metric dimensions
- materials list
- cutting layout diagram
- detailed assembly instructions
ALSO included: Drawings to build the Gold Star Top Bar Hive syrup feeder
Plans are delivered electronically in .pdf format upon receipt of your order.
This Product works best for those who have:
- plenty of time before their bees arrive to source all the materials - hardware, lumber, paint, glass and caulk; and
- the tools, equipment, expertise AND the inclination to do all of the woodworking required, including the fabrication of 30 top bars.
ADVANCED woodworking skills are necessary.
The primary tools you will need are:
- a table saw that can be accurately adjusted to do angled bevel cuts
- a drill outfitted with a countersink bit
- a router used to create the groove to accept the 4" x 36" observation window
(c) Gold Star Honeybees The Gold Star Honeybees Top Bar Hive Construction Plans are protected by US copyright laws. Please govern yourself accordingly!